BDO Unibank, Inc. Data Privacy Statement
BDO is committed to protecting your privacy as our client, and even as a visitor to this website.
As your trusted banking partner, the confidentiality of your information remains a top priority. We shall exert all reasonable efforts to protect it against unauthorized use or disclosure.
How we collect information
We may manually or automatically collect personal data when you:
- Enter into a transaction with us
- Submit your application forms
- File complaints, inquiries, or requests
Types of personal information that we may collect:
- Your name and other particulars such as, but not limited to, contact details, address, birthdate, and educational background
- Details and photocopies of your government or other IDs
- Financial information such as income, expenses, deposits, investments, and credit cards
- Employment details
- Images captured via CCTV and other similar recording devices when visiting our offices, and/or using our facilities
- Voice recordings of our conversations with you
- Information about your transactions with third parties, including merchants and utility companies
- Non-personal information provided by the electronic device you are using such as the IP address, operating system, browser type and version, and other machine-related identifiers
- Specimen signatures
How your personal data may be used, stored and shared
Your personal data may be used, stored, processed, shared and disclosed by BDO to members of the BDO Group (consisting of BDO and its subsidiaries), as well as third parties (as may be necessary and allowed by law):
- Legal. For legitimate purposes
- Transactions. To provide services to you or implement transactions which you request, allow, or authorize
- Policies and obligations. To comply with the BDO Group’s internal policies and its reporting obligations to governmental authorities under applicable laws
- Research. When we conduct studies and researches such as automatic and manual profile analysis, behavioral modeling, for the purpose of reviewing, developing and improving our products and services
- Promotion. When we reach out to you regarding services information, including offers, promotions, discounts, rewards; and for personalizing your experience with our various touchpoints such as branches, call center, telemarketing, email, messaging and other channels
- As necessitated by third parties or members of the BDO Group:
f.1. To support us in delivering our services and products to you
f.2. To comply with existing laws, rules, and legal processes
f.4. To address fraud, security or technical issues
f.5. To protect our rights, interests, property or security, and that of our clients and third parties
Emails will not be used to collect personal data
Emails are not entirely safe. We will not use this platform to obtain confidential information from you such as your account numbers, passwords, and credit card numbers.
An authorized bank representative will get in touch with you should we require confidential or other types of information. We will never ask you to confirm any such information by clicking on a link in an email.
- Do not attempt to click on a suggested link to the BDO website – you may access this directly by typing the URL (www.bdo.com.ph) in your browser
- Do not provide confidential information via emails
- Do not provide confidential information to access the link to the BDO website
How long your data is stored with BDO
We have put in place appropriate physical, organizational, and technical controls to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal data.
Your personal data will be stored in a database for no longer than ten (10) years either from your last transaction with any member of the BDO Group or until the expiration of the retention limits set by applicable law, whichever comes later. After this duration, both physical records and digital files will be disposed.
Your rights under applicable laws
Subject to the requirements, conditions and exemptions under the applicable law and Data Privacy Laws, and payment of reasonable fees, you are entitled to the following rights:
- To access your personal data, including:
a.1. The sources from which they were obtained
a.2. The manner by which such data were processed
a.3. The reasons for the disclosure of your personal data to recipients, including the names and addresses of recipients thereof
a.4. The information on automated processes where the data will or likely to be made as the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting or will affect you
a.5. The date when your personal data was last accessed and modified
- To dispute any inaccuracy or error in your personal data and require the BDO Group to correct or update the same.
- To obtain a copy of your personal data in an electronic or structured format for your further use.
- To suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your personal data from BDO Group's system, provided such action is not critical nor required by applicable laws and regulation to maintain the products and services that you availed with us
- To file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission
For a complete reference of your rights under the Data Privacy Act, you may access the National Privacy Commission website at www.privacy.gov.ph.
Changes to our Data Privacy Statement
We may modify this Data Privacy Statement from time to time to align with relevant laws and regulations and the BDO Group’s policies and procedures as applicable. All updates will be posted in our website.
Contact our BDO Data Protection Officer
Inquiries, clarifications, or requests in relation to this Data Privacy Statement may be addressed to BDO’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Data Protection Officer, 10F South Tower, BDO Corporate Center, 7899 Makati Avenue, Makati City 0726.
BDO Unibank, Inc. is bound by, and shall comply with, the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“Republic Act No. 10173”), other applicable Philippine laws on data privacy, as well as rules and regulations issued by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, National Privacy Commission and other regulatory bodies, that uphold data privacy.
This Data Privacy Statement has been updated as of October 9, 2020.