Debit Card Security
Create a strong PIN. Avoid using publicly available information like your birthday.
Never share account details or allow anyone else to use your card on your behalf. Do not entertain anyone offering assistance while using an ATM.
Update your contact details regularly for easier communication with the bank on your account, transfers, and purchases.
Lost or stolen card? Follow these steps:
- Lock your debit card via BDO Online Banking. Log in to your account online. Go to My Accounts > Security Management > Switch to Lock
- If you receive an alert from BDO or BDO Alert for a transaction you did not make, you can reply to the text message to block your card. Follow the instructions in the message. (Example: Text UN NO <Reference Number> to 225678)
- Call BDO Contact Center immediately at (02) 8631-8000
How BDO protects your financial info
All BDO Debit Cards are equipped with EMV chip cards, making in-store transactions more secure.
3D Secure Facility
For online transactions, a One-Time PIN (OTP) is sent to your registered mobile number for multi-factor authentication.
24/7 Transaction Monitoring
For your protection, the Bank may try to reach you via call or text message in case there are unusual transactions made on your account.
Lock/Unlock Debit Card Services
Log in to your BDO Online Banking account to lock or unlock your Debit Card anytime.
Set Transaction Limits
For added protection, you can also set a limit for BDO Debit Card transactions like withdrawals and in-store or online purchases.
This channel is dedicated to handling the following concerns only:
- Updating of registered online banking contact information while overseas
- Facilitating online banking enrollments while overseas
- Reporting of phishing attempts and/or data privacy issues
The above-listed concerns shall be responded to within one (1) to two (2) days.