BDO Global EM Equity Index Feeder Fund

Fund Structure

The Fund is a US Dollar-denominated global equity unit investment trust fund (UITF) structured as a feeder fund.


Investment Objective

The objective of the Fund is to achieve capital growth by investing in a Target Fund which is invested in a diversified portfolio of global equities that tracks the return of the MSCI Emerging Markets Index, before fees and expenses. The Target Fund is the BlackRock Global Index Funds (BGIF) iShares Emerging Markets Equity Index Fund (D2 USD Share Class ISIN LU1811364212).


Investment Policy

As a feeder fund, the Fund shall invest at least 90% of its assets in a single collective investment scheme called the Target Fund.  The remaining portion of the assets (maximum of 10%) will be invested and reinvested by the Trustee, with full discretionary powers, in deposits in the Trustee’s bank or in other banks.  The Fund may invest in bank deposits beyond the 10% limit during the transitory period while the Fund switches target fund.


The Fund’s investment in the Target Fund should not comprise more than 10% of the Target Fund’s Net Asset Value. The Target Fund must also comply with the 15% single exposure limit and must neither be structured nor similarly structured as a feeder fund or fund-of-funds.


Client Suitability

The Fund is suitable for individual and corporate investors who have aggressive risk appetite and who seek potentially higher returns through global stock market investments and are also aware of the possibility of capital losses that such investments may entail. In order to minimize risks and maximize earning potential, participants/trustors are recommended to stay invested for more than three (3) years. The Fund is not suitable for short-term investing.


Participation in the Fund shall be open to Filipino citizens, Philippine residents and domestic corporations with capacity to contract and who are not considered US Persons under the US securities and tax laws.


Prospective participants should also consult their own tax advisors as to the specific Philippine tax consequences of acquiring, holding and redeeming of any units of the Fund, as well as the consequences arising under the laws of any other taxing jurisdiction.


Fund Facts


Bloomberg Ticker


Fund Type

Equity Fund

Inception Date

June 26, 2019


MSCI EM (Emerging Markets) Net (custom 4pm LUX)

Initial NAVpU

USD 100.00

Minimum Investment

USD 500.00

Minimum Additional / Minimum Maintaining Participation

USD 500.00

Minimum Holding Period


Early Redemption Fee

Not Applicable

Management Fee

0.50% p.a.

NAVpU Availability

Every trading day at 4:00 p.m.

Dealing Period: Admission and Redemption Orders

Admission and Redemption orders are subject to a one (1) day advanced notice requirement ("Order Date" or T - 1).


Cut-off time for Admission and Redemption orders is up to 2:30 p.m. of any banking day. Orders placed after the cut-off time will be processed on the next banking day.


The Fund shall be closed for orders during Target Fund non-dealing days. Click here for details.

Valuation Date

Admission and Redemption shall be based on the NAVPU computed on Valuation Date (T + 0)

Settlement Period (Funding): Admissions

On Admission Order Date or one (1) day prior the Valuation Date (T - 1)

Settlement Period: Redemptions

Five (5) banking days from Redemption Valuation Date (T + 5).

This is six (6) banking days after the Redemption Order Date.

External Auditor

Punongbayan & Araullo



General Information on the Target Fund

For more information on the Target Fund, please read its Prospectus and Fund Fact Sheet available at



Target Fund

BlackRock Global Index Funds (BGIF) iShares Emerging Markets Equity Index Fund

(D2 USD Share Class)



Fund Structure

The Target Fund is a UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities) and is a sub-fund of BlackRock Global Index Funds, a public limited company established under the laws of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg as an open ended variable capital investment company.

Investment Objective

The Target Fund aims to match the performance of the MSCI Emerging Markets Index, the Target Fund’s Benchmark Index.

Investment Policy

The Target Fund will invest in a portfolio of equity securities that as far as possible and practicable consist of the component securities of the Benchmark Index. The Target Fund will strategically select a representative sample of the securities in the Benchmark Index to construct the portfolio. The Target Fund may hold ADRs and GDRs.

Issuing Company

BlackRock Global Index Funds (BGIF) SICAV

Management Company

BlackRock (Luxembourg) S.A.

Investment Adviser

BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited


State Street Bank Luxembourg S.C.A.


Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Inception Date

November 16, 2012

Total Expense Ratio

0.35% p.a. (as of December 31, 2018)

Base Currency