Critical Illness Benefit
- ₱100,000 to ₱2 million coverage
Cancer Surgical Benefit
- Up to 5% of the Critical Illness Benefit coverage
Dietary and Nutritional Benefit
- Up to 2.5% of the Critical Illness Benefit coverage
Home Accessibility Benefit
- Up to 2.5% of the Critical Illness Benefit coverage
- 1 year
- 18-65 years old, Philippine resident
Pre-existing medical conditions found within two years prior your policy’s effective date are not covered. Please read the Terms and Conditions for the complete list of covered critical illnesses and more information.
Annual price per ₱100,000 Critical Illness Benefit per age
Covered critical illnesses
The following are the 51 covered critical illnesses. We encourage you to read the Terms and Conditions for the definition of the critical illnesses.
- AIDS due to blood transfusion
- AIDS due to occupational accident
- Alzheimer’s Disease (Benefit limited to 25%)
- Angioplasty and Other Invasive Treatments for Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (Benefit limited to 10%)
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Carcinoma-In-Situ (Breast, Cervix Uteri, Prostate, Testicles) (Benefit limited to 25%)
- Cerebral Aneurysm Requiring Surgery (Benefit limited to 25%)
- Chronic Adrenal Insufficiency
- Chronic Relapsing Pancreatitis
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (Benefit limited to 25%)
- Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease (Mad Cow Disease)
- Dissecting Aortic Aneurysm
- End Stage Liver Disease
- End Stage Lung Disease
- Fulminant Hepatitis
- Heart Attack
- Heart Valve and Structural Surgery
- Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Major Burns
- Major Head Trauma
- Major Organ Transplant
- Medullary Cystic Disease
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Necrotizing Fasciitis (Flesh Eating Disease)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (Benefit limited to 10%)
- Progressive Systemic Sclerosis
- Renal Failure
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (Benefit limited to 10%)
- Severance of Limbs
- Severe Asthma (Benefit limited to 10%)
- Severe Osteoporosis
- Surgery to Aorta
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Vegetative State
Things to know before buying
- You cannot claim for your pre-existing medical conditions found within two years preceding the policy’s effective date. However, any pre-existing condition first found 2 years before the policy’s effective date but have already recovered and without any treatment, consultation, prescribed drugs, or any more symptoms within the 2 years before the policy’s effective date will no longer be treated as a pre-existing condition.
- You cannot claim for any critical illness diagnosis occurring 90 days after the effective date of the policy.
- There are exclusions to the coverage of this policy, such as illnesses due to the influence or effects of alcohol or drugs. For complete details on this, please read the Terms and Conditions.
- The critical illness of the insured must be one of the 51 covered critical illnesses and must be the first diagnosis by a Registered Medical Practitioner to claim any of the benefits of this insurance.
- The value added benefits reimburse the actual expenses up to maximum amount indicated on the policy benefit schedule.
- Cancer Surgical Treatment Benefit – reimbursement of actual expenses for the surgical fees for the treatment of cancer
- Dietary and Nutritional Therapy Benefit – reimbursement of actual expenses for the cost of any Dietary and Nutritional Therapy as treatment for reclaiming your health
- Home Accessibility Benefit – reimbursement of actual expenses for the cost of altering or renovating your principal residence after suffering a Stroke or a covered Cancer so your residence can be more accommodating and accessible
- Only the insured person can claim the benefits. In the event that he or she is a minor, or has a condition, a legal guardian may claim the benefits for them. To know more about this, please contact us at +63 (2) 8838-2364 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
The Critical Illness Plan provides you with a lump sum cash assistance amount that you can use for your treatment of your diagnosed critical illness. This pays on top of your other existing life insurance, health card, and PhilHealth. This insurance policy also has a wider age eligibility, so it is advisable to get one for family members who are no longer eligible for a life insurance or health card.
Kindly fill out the Claims Form and submit the medical and hospitalization records to BDO Insure at email@example.com. You may also contact us at +62 (2) 8838-2364 and we will guide you through the process.
For a one-year Critical Illness Plan with ₱500,000 coverage, you only have to pay ₱9,100 (₱1,820 x 5).
No. The Waiting Period states the first diagnosis of the critical illness must be 90 days from the effective date of the Critical Illness Plan to be eligible to claim on the insurance.
Disclaimer: These are only general descriptions of the benefits of this insurance products. We encourage you to learn more on how they can help secure your finances. Specific conditions and terms and conditions of the insurance policy will apply. The product details and premiums are valid as of today and may be changed without prior notice.
We do the leg work for you every step of the way
Your Security and Protection from Financial Loss
We help you identify, assess, and manage your risks.
Your Peace of Mind and Financial Well-Being
We work for the payment of your benefit and claims according to the terms and conditions of your policy.
We do the leg work to save you time and effort evaluating insurance products.
BDO Insure is a registered trademark of BDO Insurance Brokers, Inc., an insurance broker licensed and supervised by the Insurance Commission of the Philippines (www.insurance.gov.ph). Insurance Broker License No. IB-13-2022-R. The BDO Insure trademarks are owned by BDO Insurance Brokers, Inc.