Credit Card Rewards General Terms and Conditions
- Definition of Terms
As used herein, the following terms shall have the following meanings, unless the context otherwise requires.
“Account” means the Credit Card account/facility of the Principal Cardholder.
"Credit Card” means the BDO credit cards under the Mastercard (Standard / Gold / Titanium / Platinum / World Elite), Visa (Classic / Gold / Platinum), JCB (Lucky Cat / Premiere / Platinum) and UnionPay (Gold / Diamond) credit card brands.
"Principal Cardholder” means the person to or for whom the Credit Card is issued by BDO Unibank.
"Supplementary Cardholder” means any person(s), who, upon the application of the Principal Cardholder, is issued a Credit Card.
"BDO" means BDO Unibank, Inc., its successors and assigns.
"Peso Rewards Program” means the BDO Credit Card Peso Rewards Program offered by BDO, as described in these Terms and Conditions, to Principal Cardholders.
“Credit Card Peso Points” means the points (wherein one (1) Credit Card Peso Point is equivalent to P1.00) earned through usage of the Credit Card as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
"Peso Rewards Options" means the rewards available for redemption under Peso Rewards Program, which can be viewed -in the Credit Card Peso Rewards page of the BDO website, as the same may be amended from time to time by BDO.
“Push Points” means the transfer of Credit Card Peso Points to another loyalty program.
“BUY NOW PAY LATER” means installment transactions made online and in-store.
• All Principal Cardholders in good credit standing (the Account is current, not past due, not over credit limit and not cancelled) are automatically enrolled to the Peso Rewards Program.
• No special enrollment or fee is currently required, although BDO reserves the right to introduce an enrollment or fee requirement in the future.
• Only Principal Cardholders are qualified to redeem the Peso Rewards Options. For purposes of earning Credit Card Peso Points, charges upon the Credit Card of both Principal Cardholder and his/her Supplementary Cardholder/s (if any) will be considered.
• Corporate, Co-brand, Commercial and Purchasing Cards are not eligible for the Peso Rewards Program.
- Accumulation of Credit Card Peso Points
• Qualified transactions using Single Currency Card shall earn one (1) Peso Point for every P1,000.00 charged to the Card. For purposes herein, a Single Currency Card shall mean a Credit Card where the transactions shall at all times be billed in Philippine Peso.
• Dollar transactions or purchases using a Single Currency Card will be converted to its Philippine Peso equivalent prior to the computation of Credit Card Peso Points earned. It may change based on the current conversion rate on the day of Principal Cardholder’s or Supplementary Cardholder’s transaction.
• For accounts enrolled in Dual Currency Billing, qualified transactions posted in USD shall earn one (1) Peso Point for every $20.00 charged to the Credit Card and transactions posted in Philippine Peso shall earn one (1) Peso Point for every P1,000.00 charged to the Credit Card.
Specific to World Elite Mastercard, qualified transactions posted in USD shall earn 1.5 Credit Card Peso Points for every $20.00 charged to the Card.
• For points computation resulting in decimal places, Peso Points will be awarded up to two decimal points. Eg. A qualified transaction amount of P2,357 will earn 2.35 Peso Points.
• Qualified transactions for accumulating and computing Credit Card Peso Points are: retail transactions, mail order/ telephone order transactions, BUY NOW PAY LATER / installment transactions and service merchant transactions (gas stations, drugstores and supermarkets).
• For Purchase and Balance Convert transactions, the Credit Card Peso Points earned from its initial straight transaction/s shall be deducted from the cardholder’s Credit Card Peso Points balance. Said deducted Credit Card Peso Points can be earned back through its corresponding monthly amortizations.
• Transactions not included in the Credit Card Peso Points accumulation and computation (ie. shall not earn any Credit Card Peso Points) are: Auto Charge and Charge on Demand Bills Payment transactions, Balance Transfer, Cash Out, Cash-It-Easy and Insurance Installment, casino, betting or gambling transactions, cryptocurrency, remittance or money transfer, cash in or wallet top up/eWallet loading, cash advance, cash advance fees, card replacement fees, sales slip retrieval fees, annual and monthly membership fees, finance charges, late payment charges, interest charges, purchase of traveler’s check, returned check fee, Installment Processing Fee, Installment Availment Fee, refund fee, check cancel replacement fee, other operational fees and charges and all other fees and charges similar or analogous to the foregoing enumeration as determined by BDO.
• Credit Card Peso Points are computed on the basis of the amount each transaction, and not on the sum of all transactions per Statement of Account.
• BDO may, from time to time, add to the above list of included transactions that will earn Credit Card Peso Points and will be announced through any of the following channels; Statement of Account, email, SMS blast or website posting. BDO’s decision as to what transactions are included for the purpose of earning Credit Card Peso Points shall be final and conclusive.
• BDO reserves the right to amend the rules on accumulating / earning Credit Card Peso Points and adjust the required Credit Card Peso Points to redeem. Changes will be announced through any of the following channels; Statement of Account, email, SMS blast or website posting.
• For converted or upgraded credit cards, BDO reserves the right to forfeit the total available unredeemed Credit Card Peso Points.
• If an Account is not in good standing, the Credit Card Peso Points earned in the Peso Rewards Program may be forfeited. The Account may also be cancelled or Credit Card Peso Points earned may be forfeited due to the Cardholder's failure to adhere to the Peso Rewards Program Terms and Conditions or the Terms and Conditions Governing the Issuance and Use of the Card.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, if a Cardholder's Card is involuntarily cancelled, the unused Credit Card Peso Points will be forfeited at the same time.
• The basis for the computation of earned Credit Card Peso Points on BUY NOW, PAY LATER / installment transactions shall be the monthly amortization already posted into the Account. If the posted monthly amortization falls below the minimum requirement of P1,000, it will not earn Credit Card Peso Points. Outstanding BUY NOW, PAY LATER / installment transactions not yet posted into the Account are therefore not considered as having earned Credit Card Peso Points.
• Credit Card Peso Points earned by the Principal Cardholder shall be reflected in the monthly Statement of Account. Cardholder shall examine the Statement of Account and notify BDO for any error, discrepancy, or question no later than thirty (30) calendar days from Statement date. If the Principal Cardholder does not dispute the number of Credit Card Peso Points earned for that particular billing cycle within the specified period, the Credit Card Peso Points earned as reflected on the statement shall be deemed correct, final and binding upon the Principal Cardholder unless BDO needs to reverse or deduct the Credit Card Peso Points earned due to erroneous crediting.
• Credit Card Peso Points accumulated by both the Principal Cardholder and the Supplementary Cardholder are credited to the Principal Cardholder’s Account.
• Credit Card Peso Points accumulated within each monthly billing period will be reflected on the Statement of Account. If the cardholder’s transaction date coincides with cycle cut-off date, Credit Card Peso Points earned from the said transaction will be reflected in the Statement of Account following billing period.
- Duration and Loss of Credit Card Peso Points
• Throughout the course of the Peso Rewards Program, Credit Card Peso Points are redeemable by Principal Cardholders of good credit standing whose Account is active and current (i.e. no past due, no over credit limit and/or not cancelled). For Principal Cardholders with multiple Credit Cards, said Principal Cardholder should be of good credit standing (i.e. no past due and/or cancelled by the bank) on all his/her Credit Cards regardless of whether or not the earned Credit Card Peso Points to be redeemed is with respect to only one, or some, or all of the Principal Cardholder's Credit Cards.
In the event that the Principal Cardholder is past due or delinquent, he/she may, at the option of BDO, redeem his/ her earned Credit Card Peso Points within the prescribed redemption period after his/her Account/s is/are fully paid.
• BDO reserves the right to suspend participation of the Principal Cardholder in the Peso Rewards Program or exclude the Principal Cardholder from participating or continuing to participate in the Peso Rewards Program or forfeit earned Credit Card Peso Points without BDO incurring liability as a consequence thereof if:
- BDO determines that the Principal Cardholder or Supplementary Cardholder has in any way breached these Terms and Conditions or the Terms and Conditions Governing the Issuance and Use of the Credit Card, or
- BDO considers that there exists other reasonable ground/s to do so.
Further, BDO reserves the right to reverse or deduct Credit Card Peso Points erroneously credited (e.g. miscredited or over credited) to the Credit Card without need of consent or notice to Cardholder, and without BDO incurring liability as a consequence thereof. In case reversal or deduction cannot be effected, BDO reserves the right to demand for immediate payment of the monetary equivalent of the Credit Card Peso Points erroneously credited or charge the monetary equivalent to the Credit Card account of the Cardholder.
• Transfer of Credit Card Peso Points from a terminated Credit Card account to any other current/active BDO Credit card account is not allowed.
• Fraud and abuse relating to the earning of Credit Card Peso Points in the Peso Rewards Program or redemption of rewards, as reasonably determined by BDO, may result in forfeiture of earned Credit Card Peso Points.
• To redeem Credit Card Peso Points, Principal Cardholder must not have violated either these Peso Rewards Program Terms and Conditions or the Terms and Conditions Governing the Issuance and Use of the Card.
• For failure to satisfy the requirements in clauses 4.a, 4.b, 4.c, 4.d and 4.e, the Principal Cardholder's redemption opportunities will be temporarily deferred until the conditions are satisfied, provided that the conditions are satisfied within the prescribed redemption period.
Should any violation occur after a redemption request has been made, BDO reserves the right to defer and/or stop the processing of the redemption request.
In the event that the Principal Cardholder is past due or delinquent, BDO reserves the right to reinstate his/her eligibility for redemption but is under no obligation to do so.
• All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Peso Rewards Program or eligibility of Credit Card Peso Points for redemption of rewards will be resolved by BDO at its sole discretion.
- Credit Card Peso Points Redemption
• BDO will from time to time, publish via the BDO Website, Peso Rewards Options with corresponding number of Credit Card Peso Points required for the Principal Cardholder to redeem the rewards of his/her choice. BDO reserves the right to adjust the required Credit Card Peso Points to redeem Peso Rewards Options.
• Once the Principal Cardholder has accumulated the required number of Credit Card Peso Points, he/she may begin claiming Peso Rewards Options.
• The Credit Card must be valid, active, current, and not over limit at the time of redemption.
• Principal Cardholders may redeem rewards within the specified redemption period for the current Peso Rewards Options available for viewing in the Credit Card Peso Rewards page of the BDO website.
• Credit Card Peso Points are not transferable to any other person or convertible to cash. However, a BDO Principal Credit Cardholder can combine Credit Card Peso Points earned from any, some or all of his Credit Cards qualified in the Peso Rewards Program to redeem Peso Rewards Options.
• A Principal Cardholder may redeem Peso Rewards Options thru any of the following channels:
- Online Peso Rewards Redemption Form
- BDO Customer Contact Center at 8631-8000 or 1-800-10-631-8000
• Credit Card Peso Points earned can be redeemed for rewards, such as BDO Rewards Points or Cash Credits as published in the BDO Website as Peso Rewards Options.
- Push Points to BDO Rewards
• Push Points to BDO Rewards Card is open to BDO Credit Card Principal Cardholders only.
• Credit Card Peso Points may be transferred to the Principal Cardholder’s BDO Rewards Card or to BDO Rewards Card nominated by the Principal Cardholder.
• Should the recipient of points transfer not have his own BDO Rewards, he may request for one through BDO Rewards Call Center at 8631-8000 or 1-800-10-631-8000.
• When the BDO Rewards Card is issued, the Principal Credit Cardholder should initiate the request for the Credit Card Peso Points transfer.
• Credit Card Peso Points that have been converted to BDO Rewards Points shall be final and cannot be transferred back into Credit Card Peso Points.
• Credit Card Peso Points that have been converted to BDO Rewards Points cannot be exchanged for cash under any circumstances, and are subject to the terms and conditions of BDO Rewards.
• BDO Rewards cardholder to whom BDO Credit Card Principal Cardholder requested to transfer his Credit Card Peso Points is subject to, and must comply with the Terms and Conditions of the BDO Rewards Card in which they are enrolled.
- Conditions for Redeeming Credit Card Peso Points
• Once the request for redemption is accepted by BDO, the same cannot be revoked or cancelled by the Principal Cardholder.
• Redeemed Credit Card Peso Points cannot be exchanged for other items, nor refundable, replaceable, or transferable for cash, and cannot be converted back into Credit Card Peso Points unless there is a dispute in the rewards credited to the cardholder
• BDO reserves the right to change, remove or replace Peso Rewards Options that have become suddenly unavailable.
• If BDO does not receive any feedback from the Cardholder within fourteen (14) working days from receipt of reward, it will be considered successfully received by the Cardholder.
• Push Points to BDO Rewards Card shall be credited to the Principal Cardholder’s BDO Rewards Card within seven to ten (7-10) working days from the date of redemption.
• Cash Credits shall be credited directly to the Principal Cardholder’s Account used in the redemption request within seven to ten (7-10) working days from the date of redemption.
• Principal Cardholders are ultimately responsible for the tax treatment/tax implication, if any, whether it be for a final tax or tax on income, of rewards redeemed. BDO gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility as to the ultimate tax treatment or any potential tax implication on redemption. In the event any item redeemed should result to an income tax or other tax liability to a Principal Cardholder, said income tax or other tax liability, if any, shall be shouldered by the Principal Cardholder.
- Miscellaneous Provisions
• BDO shall be entitled to engage an agent, service provider or contractor to carry out any, all or part of the Peso Rewards Program on its behalf. To this end, Principal Cardholder consents and hereby authorizes BDO to supply any such agent, service provider or contractor with such information as may be necessary or required for them to perform their duties.
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions
By participating in the Peso Rewards Program, the Principal Cardholder agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.